Thursday, February 25, 2010

February Already???



It is more like February almost done? What happened to the last two months? January my husband and I planted in our greenhouse. We planted lettuce, spinach, and zucchini. That way I get zucchini fresh by May 1! The lettuce and spinach are great. We've had some twice now. Tonight I will fix lettuce from the greenhouse in a salad and we will have asparagus from our beds. It's the first asparagus of the year so we are very excited!

I have been stitching a little bit each evening. I wish I could say I've gotten lots done but I haven't. I am hoping for my first finish before the month is out. It's a biscornu and a scissors fob from a wonderful blogger at Linden Bee Designs, Nic. I hope to have it finished and a photo posted by the end of next week.

Quilting hasn't gone much faster. I have finished one quilt top for my son, Daniel's 17th birthday in early March. That is at the quilter right now. My friend Barbara Youngblood at Heartmade Quilts does a wonderful job. Daniel's quilt will be back soon and I'll post a photo of that too.

I did finish 3 quilt tops last November but haven't gotten all of them quilted yet. One was finished for my Grandson's first Christmas. It is called Alpha Buddies and I got the binding done at 4:30 on Christmas evening! Nothing like a last minute gift! LOL See the quilt above and I hope to post more often this year.

1 comment: